article thumbnail

Early Stage Advisor Equity Grants

Eric Friedman

I have been thinking about early stage equity and advisor grants for some time, including a post in 2016 , that I rely on and wanted to revisit. If you are looking for a primer or how much early stage equity to grant to advisors, this is it. What is an early stage advisor? Types of Early Stage Advisors.

article thumbnail

Building A Sales Development Function for Early Stage Startups with Sally Duby

Mucker Lab

However, for early-stage startups with limited resources, a fractional CRO (Chief Revenue Officer) can be a cost-effective option. SDR Hiring Checklist When establishing a sales development team in the early stages, a meticulous hiring process is paramount.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Should Early Stage Startups Move to Austin because of Capital?

Austin Startup

It follows up on my posts discussing why early stage startups should — or should not — move to Silicon Valley. Should Early Stage Startups Move to Austin because of Capital? There are a handful of factors that make capital available — and go a long way — for early stage companies in particular.

article thumbnail

What Makes a Successful Startup Community? Is it Possible to Build One Where You Live?

Both Sides of the Table

Today I’d like to talk about what startup communities outside of Silicon Valley look like, how they emerge and what makes them take hold. Most of what I think about startup communities came from mentorship by Brad Feld through hours of private discussion and debate. Think Fred Wilson, Tony Hsieh or Brad Feld.

Community 378
article thumbnail

Transcript of How to Build a Community Around Your Business

Duct Tape Marketing

Transcript of How to Build a Community Around Your Business written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. He is a community and collaboration strategy consultant, advisor and speaker. He is a community and collaboration strategy consultant, advisor and speaker. Back to Podcast. Transcript. This is John Jantsch.

article thumbnail

How to Create a Healthy Local Startup and Tech Community

This is going to be BIG.

That prediction obviously turned out pretty wrong, but it did drum up a whole lot of chatter about the right ingredients for building a startup community—about New York vs Boston on the East Coast and whether cities like Austin and Seattle would ever break through. What makes people like that want to live in any particular community?

Community 173
article thumbnail

How to Establish an Agency Content Strategy When Outbound Stops Working

ConversionXL

The same goes for your sales conversations; why did new leads seek you out, and what objections do you hear during the sales process? Data sources include the publications, competitors, influencers, podcasts, and communities that your audience engages with the most. Go into each conversation with a broad set of questions.

Audience 127