Remove 2017 Remove Community Remove Founder Remove Global
article thumbnail

Female Founder Interview: Latina Leader Elizabeth Colón

The Startup Magazine

As part of The Startup Magazine Female Founder series , we sat down with award-winning entrepreneur Elizabeth Colón. Growing up in a home with two deaf sisters and parents who spoke very little English, Elizabeth saw the many ways that language can be a barrier for individuals who do not have the means to communicate on their own.

Founder 158
article thumbnail

An Austin Primer for Female Entrepreneurs— Follow These Leaders & Join These Groups

Austin Startup

It’s been 6 month since my co-founder and I started Reset ?—?a In that time, I’ve been consistently delighted by the support and enthusiasm of the Austin startup community. In July I spoke on a panel at 3 Day Startup Global Roundup, an opportunity that sprung out of a connection in a Female Founders Facebook Group.

Austin 57
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

4 Reasons A Diverse Sales Team Will Boost Revenue

YoungUpstarts

by Eliot Burdett, co-founder and CEO of Peak Sales Recruiting , and author of “ Sales Recruiting 2.0: Fast forward to 2017 and a lack of diversity in the workplace remains an issue. This gargantuan figure does not even include Asians, the LGBT community or Native Americans, to name a few.

Revenue 124
article thumbnail

Leader Insights: Building a Startup Culture of Prosperity and Success

The Startup Magazine

Below, The Startup Magazine provides an essay from Anna Svirelkina, Chief Operating Officer of BlockShow, the global blockchain technology conference. Her perspective is another example of the power of shared entrepreneur experiences found in our founders article series. The world of cryptocurrency is expanding quickly.

Startup 94
article thumbnail

FinTech Accelerating Digital Transformation of Banking in Africa

The Startup Magazine

Finnovation Africa: Ethiopia 2017 is delighted to welcome a stellar list of keynote speakers, including Chris Principe , CEO of Chain2Trade, Inc. Mr. Diop continued by saying, “As the formal economy grows we see individuals, communities, and nations prosper and make progress on strategic growth and development priorities.

Africa 62
article thumbnail

Austinites represent at SXSW 2018

Austin Startup

Heather Brunner, Tim Ferriss, Mayor Adler, Whitney Wolfe, Kendra Scott, Andy Roddick, Rod Favaron, Bijoy, whurley… Here are some of the Austin startup community members that will be on stage who you should show up to support! Successful businesses that give back to the community, and it’s all on brand. March 9, 2018 3:30PM?—?4:30PM

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

In under 3 years we have been able to scale our business to 7+ figures, we started our food truck manufacturing company Dec of 2017, Trailer King Builders, and were on a mission to help entrepreneurs become financially independent with their foodtruck. 18- Desire to be the first Indian beauty/wellness brand to go truly global.