Remove Campaign Remove Community Remove Networking Remove Silicon Valley
article thumbnail

In Silicon Valley, Founders Fight for Control

online.wsj.com

Create a profile for me in the Journal Community. Journal Community. Theres a power struggle underway in Silicon Valley. But Andreessens approach is also exposing a rift in Silicon Valley, where a group of young and relatively untested entrepreneurs have maintained control over their rapidly growing companies.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2020 Lesson Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while solving some of the toughest problems.”. Team Protocol One – Ensuring JTAC to Pilot Communication. Few consider opportunities to make the world safer with the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community or other government agencies. He runs H4X Labs.

Oakland 313
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Free money for your impact tech startup

David Teten

Nearly every major Silicon Valley venture-capital firm has now invested in a B Corp ; maybe you will be one of them! Fortunately, there are a wide range of organizations that specifically want to support you, not just the VC community. Congratulations! If you think I’ve missed any, please contact me. Aspen Tech Policy Hub.

article thumbnail

5 Ways To Sample The Joy Of An Entrepreneur Lifestyle

Startup Professionals Musings

Adopt the Silicon Valley entrepreneur family model. When I lived in Silicon Valley where “everyone” was an entrepreneur, I noticed that smart couples followed the strategy that both partners would never be in startups at the same time. Make yourself an active part of the entrepreneur community. Then be one later.

article thumbnail

How Black People Leveraged Tech Bigotry to Boss the Blockchain Below the Radar

Austin Startup

By the time Silicon Valley white privilege culture, tech magazines that promote only white faces, Ethereum/Bitcoin fanboys, sellout black tech wannabees and globalists promoting their blockchain consortium get a hold of this article, it’s already too late and the game already ended a while ago.

article thumbnail

How to Raise Startup Funding from Unlikely Angel Investors

Up and Running

I don’t have an MBA and I don’t live in Silicon Valley. Moreover, only 13% of these successful campaigns raised over $20k. Taking a campaign online and encouraging non-accredited investors to use a crowdfunding platform is a great way to show their support, manage the volume, and market your business.

article thumbnail

5 myths about the marketplace that mobile strategies busted

The Next Web

“How do we design and build a world-class mobile experience that not only satisfies the needs of our users, but fuels growth and inspires more people to join the Airbnb global community? Myth #2: You can bolt on community, once the commerce engine is going. HealthTap has built up a network of over 50,000 U.S.

Mobile 136