article thumbnail

Experts share tips for mission-driven organizations on DE&I

Board Effect

Mission-driven organizations strive to serve their communities and constituents with integrity and purpose. Consider this: When boards embrace diversity, the pulse of our communities strengthens, and our impact magnifies. Far beyond corporate strategy; it’s about fulfilling missions effectively.

Ireland 83
article thumbnail

This One Attribute Will Mold You Into A Stronger Leader

YoungUpstarts

I learned the importance of this attribute through a conversation with colleague and fellow leadership mentor Valerie Zumwalt. Connecting with people in your community to seek advice and remind yourself that you’re not alone. Outside of BONSAI, Loriana serves as an adjunct professor at Washington University in St.

St. Louis 159
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Retail Reimagined: 9 Trends for the Future of Physical Retail

ConversionXL

Small retailers are the bedrock of our communities, and consumers will still choose to shop retail when the experience is worth it. Local delivery has also been a saving grace for a lot of retailers with close ties to their community. A community connection, and as Troy Burch puts it, a much needed reminder of their WHY.

eCommerce 155
article thumbnail

August 31 is GigaTECHs App Competition

Austin Startup

Led by Washington D.C-based Ignite and the City of Austin’s Communications and Technology Management Department. August 31 is GigaTECHs App Competition was originally published in Austin Startups on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.

article thumbnail

The Power Of Mattering

Duct Tape Marketing

She’s a frequent contributor to the WSJ and the Washington Post. Key Takeaway: Mattering is the idea of feeling valued for who we are at our core by our families, by our friends, by our community, and also being dependent on to add meaningful value back to parents, to friends, to the community. It was everywhere.

article thumbnail

Book: Where The Jobs Are

Feld Thoughts

I’m glad I did – the conversation with John was stimulating. If you disagree with any, or have any to add, please toss them in the comments as I evolve this as a list of “ways government can help startup communities.” “There’s Too Much Uncertainty – and It’s Washington’s Fault.

SBA 102
article thumbnail

On International Women’s Day: A Peak Inside 5 Female-Led, Early-Stage Startups

Austin Startup

My Next Chapter: Moving on from Black Women Talk Tech : how Lauren Washington started Fundr.AI after founding her first company Alex Porter, co-founder of MOD Tech Labs Learning to Humanize Tech : how Alex Porter and Tim Porter started MOD Tech Labs and how they learned to succeed in the early days during Sputnik ATX.