article thumbnail

A Visit With the European Startup Community

Gust

Two hundred angels, entrepreneurs and members of the startup community attended this inaugural event. One hundred and fifty entrepreneurs and community members attended the monthly conference, which alternates between Tallinn and Helsinki. A two hour ferry ride across the Bay of Finland carried us from Tallinn to Helsinki.

Community 121
article thumbnail

How Podcasting Can Transform Your Business: Lessons in Networking and Lead Generation

Duct Tape Marketing

Josh Elledge is a keynote speaker, writes a syndicated newspaper column to 1.1 You could choose our system to move from vendor to trusted advisor, attract only ideal clients, and confidently present your strategies to build monthly recurring revenue. That's what I write my syndicated newspaper column about.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

20 Entrepreneurs Reveal The Entrepreneurs They Consider to be Successful

Hearpreneur

At the age of 16, he gained more than $53,000 from investments, and his present company, Berkshire Hathaway, which he purchased and changed from a textile company into a holding corporation. To establish and operate your own business, you must have courage, enthusiasm, hard work, and a sense of community. infancy and shaped it.

article thumbnail

10 Ways To Win In 2014: An Entrepreneurs’ Guide To A Successful Startup

YoungUpstarts

There is no time like the present. And finally, in Darwinian fashion, competition for market share amongst the venture capitalists as a result of increased numbers of angel investment syndicates will clear the decks of the low-value add venture capital dollars. by Melissa Thompson, CEO of TalkSession.

article thumbnail

How marketers can build thought leadership

The Next Web

A marketer should attempt a combination of writing on a personal blog, writing for an employer’s blog and for third-party publications through guest blogging and syndication to get the most reach. They’ll be of value to other members in the marketing community. Melinda Emerson (@SmallBizLady) October 23, 2013.

article thumbnail

An Investor’s Personal Social Media Tech Stack: In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 followers

David Teten

The reason I’ve been able to generate a significant amount of content is that almost everything I write is a sanitized version of a memo or presentation I made for my work, not marketing for the sake of marketing. I use this to host my presentations , which are all embedded at teten.com. Kevin has written over 620 syndicated columns).

article thumbnail

The Twenty Year Itch: My Last VC Investment Out of Brooklyn Bridge Ventures

This is going to be BIG.

I’ll also continue to work within the NYC tech community—now thriving at a level I could hardly have imagined when I first got the pitch deck for USV’s first fund as a Limited Partner at the GM pension fund. To think, I almost didn’t take that 2004 meeting because it was a NYC-based fund. This is how Fred Wilson described me back in 2010.