Remove 2004 Remove Community Remove Events Remove Partner
article thumbnail

The Twenty Year Itch: My Last VC Investment Out of Brooklyn Bridge Ventures

This is going to be BIG.

I’ll also continue to work within the NYC tech community—now thriving at a level I could hardly have imagined when I first got the pitch deck for USV’s first fund as a Limited Partner at the GM pension fund. To think, I almost didn’t take that 2004 meeting because it was a NYC-based fund. Consider this.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

This included health insurance and making them domestic partners. BMW introduced subscription fees for their cars, creating revolutionary changes in the conservative automotive community. With a new CEO in 2004, the toy company shifted gears and introduced new lines of some of the most popular LEGO sets in history.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Be Careful not to be Penny Wise, Pound Foolish

Both Sides of the Table

I had come from a world where I was nearly a partner at Accenture before starting my first company. I learned everything I know about startups in these lean years: 2001-2004. They were fine traveling RyanAir and then having to bus an extra hour to get to the event but they wanted their own room to crash in late at night.

Warrant 333
article thumbnail

After Raising $6.7M For Startups And Winning SEC Approval, AngelList Opens Up Investment Platform To More Companies

techcrunch.com

From 2004 to 2007, she helped lead Congresswoman Carloyn Maloney’s community outreach and relations efforts in New York City. AngelList also partnered with SecondMarket to create an investment vehicle for these investments. Upcoming Events. Enterprise. Smartphones. Digital Cameras. Headphones. CrunchBase.

SEC 61
article thumbnail

How to Radically Stand Out with Brand Marketing

ConversionXL

He was swiftly followed by Richard Branson and Virgin Galactic in 2004. YETI also partners with influencers and other brands, borrowing their audience to boost their brand awareness. From their social media, we can see that they’ve partnered with brands from soccer clubs to rodeo events to conservation non-profits.

Marketing 109
article thumbnail

Understanding The Role Of The Chief Behind The Chief

Duct Tape Marketing

And that was, you know, 2004, 2005 was, I was realizing that it was no longer about working harder. I was at a Verne har event about 14 years ago and I came off stage speaking and someone came up to me said, oh my gosh, you're Cameron. So they need that partner, right. And then secondly was the text. So it's a title.

CTO 77
article thumbnail

Wi-Fi Alliance Moves Up and Out

Austin Startup

Austin Wireless Alliance launched in 2004, Mobile Monday Austin started in 2005 and the ATI-Wireless Incubator opened in 2005 – all serving wireless industry entrepreneurship and contributing to establish Austin as a vibrant, technology community – one particularly friendly to wireless. “Wi-Fi