Remove Asia Remove Community Remove Entrepreneur Remove Partner
article thumbnail

How to raise money for your startup from VCs and investors in Asia

The Next Web

The company is one of the largest VC–backed startups in Southeast Asia, having raised over $60M in funding. We’ve asked him to give us some insight into starting, building, and funding a company across Asia. Asia has far fewer VC firms and institutional investors, each of which invests a far smaller amount of capital.

Asia 132
article thumbnail

[Singapore] Local Telco StarHub To Launch Crowdfunding Platform Crowdtivate

YoungUpstarts

It also allows potential supporters to easily discover and back new, cutting-edge products and services offered by these entrepreneurs or artists, and to support the project they most believe in. Many of the most successful companies today have roots in the crowdfunding community.

Singapore 243
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2021 Lessons Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

Although the class was run completely online, and even though they were suffering from Zoom fatigue, the 10 teams of 42 students collectively interviewed 1,142 beneficiaries, stakeholders, requirements writers, program managers, industry partners, etc. – while simultaneously building a series of minimal viable products.

Lean 394
article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain The Future Trends They See in Their Industry

Hearpreneur

We asked entrepreneurs and business owners about the future trends entrepreneurs see in their industry and here are the responses. #1- I am a business owner who works to help entrepreneurs incorporate or form LLCs for their businesses. We’ve also seen extensive use of technology and increased remote working.

article thumbnail

Think you’ve got a strategy to enter the Chinese market? Think twice

The Next Web

Whenever I visit the US, one question mobile entrepreneurs always ask me is ‘How can my startup break into China?’. But finding the right local partner isn’t easy, and even if you do find one, gaining a foothold in the massive Chinese mobile market takes patience, insight, and strategy. The right partners. Seeing double.

China 128
article thumbnail

[Event] [Singapore] Techventure 2011 To Introduce Techventure Asiasons Innovation Awards

YoungUpstarts

Techventure 2011 – one of Asia’s topmost events for the venture capital community to engage with the latest technology entrepreneurs organized by Asiasons WFG and presented by National Research Foundation (NRF) and Singapore Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (SVCA) – will celebrate its 15th year on October 13 and 14.

Singapore 162
article thumbnail

12 Entrepreneurs Reveal What They Look Forward To in 2019

Hearpreneur

So that’s why we are excited about 2019 because there will be more and more entrepreneurs and businesses. Here’s something other entrepreneurs look forward to: #1-In 2019, I want to get deeper! By highlighting work that is going well with partners, we can also cast a light on the amazing work happening in each of our sites!