article thumbnail

8 Challenges For Startups With A Neighborhood Focus

Startup Professionals Musings

There is also more going on in every location, so this personal need and super sensitivity to the local community has spawned a new breed of Internet startups, called “hyperlocal.” These hyperlocal sites don’t have to compete with global sites, and always have unique content, community advertising, and local issues.

Finder 361
article thumbnail

How To Ensure Your Startup Team Is Growth Hacking Not Copying

Brandanew

Growth hackers focus on low-cost and innovative alternatives to traditional marketing, e.g. utilizing social media and viral marketing instead of buying advertising through more traditional media such as radio, newspaper, and television. What good is a 15K community that talks about nothing in common and has been bought? It is weird.

Curation 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal the Pivots They Are Making in Their Business in 2023

Hearpreneur

I intend to release one study every three months, which I'll send to journalists in the hopes of generating viral attention on social media. I believe that if I can have one piece of content go viral every three months, not only will I be able to develop more links but also raise my brand's recognition. Making a proud community.

article thumbnail

5 myths about the marketplace that mobile strategies busted

The Next Web

“How do we design and build a world-class mobile experience that not only satisfies the needs of our users, but fuels growth and inspires more people to join the Airbnb global community? Myth #2: You can bolt on community, once the commerce engine is going. It all starts with culture. “By

Mobile 136
article thumbnail

10 Top Marketing Content Sources For Your Startup

Join the conversation with Community Forums. Curation, the most efficient content. Curation is humanly aggregating, filtering, and re-posting the best-of-the-best content on the web, relative to your product or service area. Keep the atmosphere relaxed and fun, to increase traffic, and maybe even go viral.

Widget 286
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #12: Curative founder Fred Turner and Celine Halioua on diagnostic supply chains, scaling up testing, and partnering with government

Startup Lessons Learned

The story of how Curative pivoted and scaled is about moving with entrepreneurial speed to find a solution, then collaborating with investors and government for the public good. Celine Halioua , founder of a company called Celevity that is developing drugs to extend the lifespan of dogs, also played a key role. I am Eric Ries.

article thumbnail

Hyperlocal Has Great Potential And Real Challenges

There is also more going on in every location, so this personal need and super sensitivity to the local community has spawned a new breed of Internet startups, called “hyperlocal.” These hyperlocal sites don’t have to compete with global sites, and always have unique content, community advertising, and local issues.

Finder 210