article thumbnail

The Case for Optimism and Risk at Startups

Both Sides of the Table

I thought I was pretty sell suited to answer that question because having grown up in Northern California but lived and worked in the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain & Japan over 11 years I had seen quite a few societies and work environments. Startup Lessons' And that is what we’ll do.” Now they are partners.

article thumbnail

“To build a community, you need to focus much more on the user than on the buyer” - Snyk’s Guy Podjarny

Cracking the Code

They were both about to found a different startup, so I didn’t need to convince them to found a company – I just needed to convince them to join mine! When you started Snyk, did you think about the importance of building a community from the offset, and is that what drove your decisions in terms of building and architecting the product?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

One of my favorite events last year was attending Startup Grind where I got to interview Clayton Christensen, author of The Innovator’s Dilemma. And of course we talked about many of my views of building startups. You didn’t join startups then. You joined a startup if you couldn’t get a real job.

Cofounder 337
article thumbnail

McLaren Strategic Ventures Sajan Pillai Discusses the Top Five Trends for Advancing Global Technology in 2022 

The Startup Magazine

Most notably, it provided access to underserved communities and rural areas, and inner-city areas, all of which have long-standing issues with a lack of medical services contributing to health inequities. As it turned out, patients liked the new format as it helped with unforeseen instances of transportation, missed work, and childcare.

article thumbnail

What Do Diversity Hiring and Work From Home Jobs Have in Common?

Transformify

Many countries have imposed travel bans and an unprecedented country-wide quarantine has been announced in Italy, Spain and Bulgaria. Startup hubs like Berlin, London, New York, Los Angeles, Bangalore, Hong Kong and Singapore offered access to venture capital and vibrant start ecosystems thus attracting the brightest founders.

Hiring 98
article thumbnail

Common B2B Challenges and How To Solve Them

ConversionXL

At the time we were planning a workshop for B2B tech startups from the IMEC accelerator (Ghent, Belgium) and had a chance to interview many of the companies that had signed up. And while this was a good start, a significant position of these companies were early-stage startups. Speed matters, the power of marketing sprints.

B2B 150
article thumbnail

Innovate Israel Conference Brings 28 Israeli startups to London

VC Cafe

There hasn’t been such a full list of Israeli startups coming to Europe since Barcelona’s World Mobile Congress. The UK is Israel’s second largest export market following the US, but Israeli startups often ‘forget Europe’ when it comes to Internationalizing their product. Applicaster - Company Website.